Tue. May 21st, 2024

Lambda Chi Alpha, a relatively new fraternity on campus, is starting a new event to involve the whole campus, called Lambdapalooza. This fraternity is one of the largest men’s general fraternities in North America with more than 227,000 initiated members and has held subsidiaries at more than 300 universities. Saturday, April 29 from 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Lambda Chi Alpha will be hosting this charity event to raise money for the North American Food Drive. This is sure to be an exciting afternoon event for all West Chester students.

Hollinger Field will be rockin’ with live band performances by Threeve, Emma Gray, and Nexus. DJ Cali will also be at the event. There will also be a performance by Asher, a West Chester University student rapper. The music performances will begin at 2:00 P.M. Opportunities will also be available for students to freestyle or battle one another. There will also be inflatable novelties that will include a giant human fly wall and a bungee run, which will surely be fun for all that attend.

The fraternity is selling raffle tickets for the event. The tickets are $1.00 and can be purchased from any Lambda Chi Alpha brother or by emailing Steve Deacon at sd575890@wcupa.edu. Tickets will also be for sale at the event. The grand prize is a 27″ flat-panel television. Other prizes include gift certificates to local restaurants and several tanning certificates.

All proceeds raised at the event will go to the North American Food Drive. The North American Food Drive consists of raising money to give to the neighborhood’s local food bank. All Lambda Chi chapters around the US do this type of charity for their local food bank.

“We thought it would be a fun activity for us and the student body. We hope this will become an annual event,” said Bryce Baumgardner, a Lambda Chi Alpha brother.

“We wanted to raise as much money as possible and make a good impression on our community and on campus. We also wanted to do something different to raise money for our philanthropy,” said Steve Deacon, a brother of Lambda Chi Alpha.

The fraternity would also like to acknowledge several local businesses that helped sponsor the event. The sponsors include, Kildare’s, OBVI, Disc Hounds, Planet Beach, Enjoy A Tan, Amore’s, Las Vegas Pizza, Joya, Van Ryan’s Hair Cuttery, Cruisin’ Style, New York Sandwiches, Malena’s, Dog Dayz Grooming, West Chester Florist, Sussex Fitness Center, Glb Cosmetics, and Mia Bella Salon.

Make sure to mark your calendars for this fun and exciting activity next Saturday, April 29. All students are encouraged to attend.