As the Fall 2004 semesterstarts at West ChesterUniversity, students are leftwith one age old question:where to park? With construction making a difficult situationeven worse, WCU students are left with limited parkingthis semester. For first-year resident students,the answer to this questionis simple: nowhere. Oncampusparking is not availablefor any resident student
with fewer than 30 credits. This first-year parking ban may be
appealed in certain situations. Contact Parking Services for information on how to appeal. Residents with over 30 credit hours earned may purchase parking permits from Parking Services, located in the People’s Building on the corner of Church Street and UniversityAvenue.

Commuting students with under 30 credits may purchase a permit to park in Q and R lots on South Campus. Commuters with more than 30 credits have more options as to where they can park and should consult Parking Services for eligibility. Permits can be purchased from Parking Services Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Vehicle registration
and driver’s license are required to process the permit. Parking services can be contacted at 610-436-3345.

If students choose to tempt fate and park on campus without a permit, the hours of enforcement for student parking areas are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Vehicles parked in these areas during these times
can be ticketed anywhere from $10 to $40 and may be towed at the owners expense.

Students may also choose to park at a borough parking meter or in the Sharpless Street Garage. The garage is run by West Chester Borough and
charges per hour or per day for up to 48 hours.

West Chester Borough permits may also be purchased for street parking. These permits can be purchased at the Municipal Building locatedon Gay and Adams Streets. Vehicle registration, as well as proof of residency, are required for these permits.