On Sunday Apr. 24, the new West Chester Student choir performed their spring concert at the West Chester Community Fellowship Church. This concert was given for residents of the West Chester Senior Citizens Center and also included performances by the Conestoga Christian Middle School Ensamble and the “I Can Imagine” Children ʼs Choir. However, if that was not enough, the final piece included a wonderful combination of all three choirs together. The West Chester University student choir began this past September, allowing university students who were not necessarily music majors the opportunity to sing in public. “We were wondering, ʻwhat fun thing could we do with college students?ʼ” said director Philip Warner, in response to the reason for forming the choir. “And that is pretty much how it came to be.” Though the choir is just starting to get on its feet, they certainly seem to have strong ideas for the upcoming years.

According to Warner and cofounder Samantha Spragens of Cross Seekers, they are hoping to expand and include members from all over West Chester and not just students from the university. They also hope to perform at various locations as well. For anyone who has an interest in joining this group, please contact Philip Warner at warner@gmail.com. More information may also be found on the West Chester Community Fellowship Churchʼs Web site: http://www.westchestercommunityfellowship.org.