On Thurs., April 15, rapper Kid Cudi will be performing for the students of WCU in Hollinger Fieldhouse. The tickets for the event went on sale March 15, and completely sold out after just three hours. Students lined up in Sykes, outside of the SSI window to make sure they were able to get their tickets for the concert.

The total amount of tickets sold were 2,000 at $13 dollars a piece, or $12 for students who used RamBucks.

Many students were unable to get tickets due to how quickly they sold out.

Students were only allowed to purchase up to four tickets at a time, leaving some unable to pick tickets up for their friends and roommates who wanted them.

Senior Amanda Mancuso, experienced just that when she went to Sykes after her 11-11:50 class to pick up tickets for her and her three roommates.

“I couldn’t believe they sold out so fast, I was actually really disappointed because I had no idea they were going to go that quickly,” said Mancuso.

Students have even been found auctioning off extra tickets online and on Facebook and prices have been seen for up to $75 a ticket.

The amount of tickets that were sold for this particular event is a record for Major Entertainment, the student organization hosting the event this week.

Major Entertainment is made up of about 30 members, led by president Laura Putman.

The student organization receives a yearly budget from the Student Government Association to produce one concert by a major name artist in the spring.

The organization works with a middle agent to find and book available artists who are touring during this time of year.

For those who are not familiar with this year’s artist, Kid Cudi, he is an American rapper, singer and actor on the rise, though best known for his music.

Kid Cudi first gained major attention after the release of his debut mixtape “A Kid Named Cudi.” Then in 2009, his single “Day ‘n’ Nite” reached the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts.

Kid Cudi has also worked with popular artists such as Kanye West, Common, and David Guetta

For the upcoming WCU event, Kid Cudi is supposed to perform for approximately two hours along with the opening performance by artist, K. Flay.

Kid Cudi is indeed getting paid, and the money is from SGA, last year’s ticket revenue, and small portions of this year’s ticket revenue.

All of this money combined is enough to support the funding of the concert. Major Entertainment typically books artists in the range of $35,000 to a little over $40,000.

This Thursday, 2,000 Kid Cudi fans and West Chester University students will be waiting to get in Hollinger Fieldhouse to kick off this highly anticipated event. Lindsay Lynch is a fourth year student majoring in communication studies and minoring in journalism. She can be reached at LL628475@wcupa.edu.