Tue. Apr 23rd, 2024

On April 3, WCUR 91.7 FM, The Curve will be sponsoring a day-long concert festival called Grand Ram Band Jam 2010. Some students may remember that WCUR has hosted a similar event in the past called the Grand Ram Band Slam at which local bands performed, and the best act won money.

This year, bands will not be competing against each other but instead, coming together for an important cause. Proceeds made at this year’s event will benefit WCU’s Relay for Life and Colleges Against Cancer.

Beginning at noon in Sykes Student Union, an array of local bands and performers will take the stage to raise money for cancer awareness and to promote their talents. About 30 acts, including WCU Gracenotes, The Fleeting Ends, Metropolis, Samantha Darnell of Running With the Giants and Courage Pills are slated to rock campus until late Saturday night.

Admission is a five dollar donation, or attendees can complete pledge sheets and find sponsors to pay various amounts of money themselves depending on the total time the attendees plan to stay at the event.

Pledge sheets can be found on the Grand Ram Band Jam 2010 Facebook page or at the WCUR office on the second floor of Sykes Student Union.

Carol Fritz is a student at West Chester University. She can be reached at CF716002@wcupa.edu.