Photo credits: West Chester University
Feeling stuck? Need some assistance? Even if you’re not, there are lots of great resources on WCU’s campus and beyond that can help with almost anything you need.
- Resource Pantry: Located on the lower level of Commonwealth Hall, the Resource Pantry helps students struggling with food insecurity. Their mission states that “The West Chester University Resource Pantry supports student success by minimizing food and basic need insecurity and preparing students for life after graduation.” In Spring 2022, their hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. The pantry is open to all West Chester students, and no appointment is necessary.
- Office of Wellness Promotion: “The Office of Wellness Promotion engages students in opportunities to cultivate sustainable skills in health and well-being,” according to their mission statement. This office is also located in Commonwealth Hall, but on the opposite side of the Resource Pantry. In addition to their many events on campus, they also offer wellness coaching.
- Counseling Center: The Counseling and Psychological Services department is located on the second level of the Lawrence Center. Their hours are Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–4 p.m., 4 p.m.-–6 p.m. by appointment only, and Friday, 8 a.m.-–4 p.m. The Counseling Center provides individual counseling, group counseling, consultation, workshops and other services. They also bring therapy dogs to campus–check out @wcudogtherapy on Instagram!
- Career Development Center: Whether you think you need it or not, the Career Development Center is a great resource to help you on your professional journey. The CDC is located in Lawrence Center, room 225, and their hours are Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. You can also attend their drop in hours, Monday-Friday from 1-3 p.m., if you have limited time. The Career Center has services like resume proofreading, mock interviews, helping you find an internship, and they will also help you find a career/major if that’s something you’re struggling with.
- Student Affairs: “West Chester University Student Affairs is a community of educators who design and facilitate co-curricular experiences to develop students’ personal, professional, and intellectual talents, preparing them to learn, lead, and serve,” according to their mission statement. On their website, they offer resources such as the Ram’s Guide to Success, Reporting an Incident, Rams Eye View, Student Ombuds, Rammy’s Resource Navigator and the Student Code of Conduct.
- Student Health Center: The Student Health Center is also located in the lower level of Commonwealth Hall. Their services include general health care, immunizations, medications, needle disposal, sexual health services, and TB testing. According to the website, the Student Health Center is open Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m –6:00 p.m., Friday: 8 a.m. –- 4 p.m. (last appt. at 3:20 p.m.), and Saturday: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (last appt. at 12:20 p.m.). *Note: Masks must be worn inside the Student Health Center.
- Success Coaching Program: If you want to do better in class, Success Coaching at WCU can help you improve your personal and academic success. According to the website, their services include, “time management, test preparation, note taking, textbook reading, college adjustment and more”.
Still feeling stuck? Check out https://wcupa.concerncenter.com/, also known as Rammy’s Resource Navigator, to find help for a specific issue.
Hally Everett is a fifth-year Media and Culture major with minors in Health Sciences and Entrepreneurship. HE885418@wcupa.edu