Tue. May 14th, 2024

Many students walk past the Francis Harvey Green Library everyday, but has anyone taken the time to get to know the library? At the library, you can go to The reference station to inquire about a variety of things. Reference librarians, such as Walter Cressler, will direct students to the materials that they are looking for as well as assist students on how to locate material through the WCUPA library webpage. Walter Cressler has been a librarian for five years, and prior to that he was a Professor of Geology at West Chester University. His station in the library is in the reference librarian area, which is located on the second floor. Professor Cressler is available to demonstrate how Pilot works, which is the library catalogue on the FHG link of the WCU Web site. Pilot takes you to the catalogue, when you type a title, author, subject or key words to locate the material. Richard Pugliese is a librarian at the IMC. The IMC is the section of the library where you can borrow electronic devices such as laptops. It is located on the first floor of FHG. If students need assistance in that department, Professor Trish Lenkowski or Pugliese can help. Laptops can be checked out for two hours strictly to stay in the library and you have to have your student ID to rent them. DVDs and VHS cassettes are loaned for two days. According to Pugliese, “the IMC Video and DVD Collection dates from the about 1980 to date. These can be borrowed for 28 days.” “The IMC Picture Files have some pictures which are about 60 years old. However, most of the pictures are sharp blackand- whites, which date from the 1950s. The IMC Poster Files have some pictures from the 1960s.

Most are vivid color posters from the last five years. These are very useful for Education Majors and can be borrowed for 28 days. The IMC Ellison Die Cut Machine is easy to operate [and is located in room 105]. It features letters, numerals and sign language alphabet.

There are also over 100 instructional and decorative dies, and holiday and seasonal shapes. We have several video and digital cameras, tape recorders and slide projectors available for two day loan.”

If you have an-all day project at the library, there is a caf/ snack shop that can get you through those long hours. The caf is located to the right of the entrance on the second floor. The library is also under construction. The Reference room is in renovation stages. Smith Klein is donating encyclopedias, as well as many dictionaries.