Have you been craving something sweet and tasty this Halloween season? Satisfy your taste buds by making these “spooktacular” treats! These Halloween goodies are fun and easy to make, and they are guaranteed to please! The first recipe is for Halloween Snack Mix. The ingredients you will need are:
– 1/2 cup Red Hots (blood drops)
– 1/2 cup Gum Drops (cat eyes)
– 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds (cat claws)
– 1 cup Candy Corn (chicken toenails)
– 1 cup M&M’s (colored flies)
– 1 cup Corn Chips (butterfly wings)
– 1 cup Raisins (ants)
– 1 cup Cheese Curls (earthworms)
– 1 cup Triscuits or Golden Grahams (cobwebs)
– 1 cup Peanuts (snake eyes) Mix these ingredients in a large bowl. For a gory twist, you may want to serve this tasty treat with cherry punch, which can serve as pints of blood! For this next recipe, it is frightening how easy it is to make creepy cobweb cookies! All you will need is a stove, about an hour and a fifteen minutes worth of time and the following ingredients:
– 3/4 cup all-purpose or unbleached flour
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– 2 eggs
The first step is to beat all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Pour the batter into a plastic squeeze bottle with a narrow opening. A ketchup or mustard bottle is fine or you may use a water bottle.
Then, heat a lightly-greased 8- inch skillet over medium heat until it is hot. The next step requires you to work quickly with the squeeze bottle, pouring the batter out to create a thin star shape. In order to form the cobweb shape, squeeze thin streams of batter to connect the lines. Cook each cobweb for 30 to 60 seconds, or until the bottom is golden brown. Next, you must carefully turn the cobweb, heat until golden brown and remove gently from the skillet. Let the cobwebs cool. Cooling on a wire rack is recommended.
Now you are ready to heat your oven at 325§F. Bake the cobweb cookies for about 6 minutes, and then remove them from the cookie sheet to cool. The cookies will become crisp as they cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar for an extra sweet treat! If you are in the mood to quench your thirst, try making this eerie concoction!
First, mix Mountain Dew or Orange Juice with blue Kool- Aid in a large punch bowl. This mixture will produce a radioactive shade of green.
Next, get some latex gloves and fill them with juice of your choice. Tint the juice with food coloring that can be seen through the radioactive green punch and freeze. After they have been frozen, carefully remove the latex gloves, and gently place the disembodied hands in the punch bowl. Your friends will get a real scream out of it!
These are just a few Halloween treats that will please your sweet tooth this season. The recipes are perfect to serve at parties or even just to get yourself in the Halloween spirit. More recipes can be found online at www.bettycrocker.com.