Many students may be unaware of the numerous institutions with which West Chester University collaborates on various programs. For example, a delegation from the Language and Culture Publishing House in Beijing, China arrived in West Chester on Sept. 27 and visited until Oct. 2.Almost a month ago, WCU hosted a cultural arts delegation from the Guizhou University which involved 35 members including the dean of the School of Music, the Director of Foreign Affairs, and two professors and students from the Guizhou Art School. The visitors provided a memorable performance in Asplundh Concert Hall two weeks ago and two professors also gave guest lectures during their visit.

According to Dr. Lin Tan there are ongoing negotiations be-tween Guizhou University and WCU on various exchange programs, which may include several faculty members in the school of music visiting China this summer.

Professor Sylvia Ahramjian from the music department said that she, Dr. Marinescu and Dr. Cranmer will be visiting the Guizhou University next June to give lessons in the violin, viola, cello and piano, as well as coach the students in chamber music. Ahramjian also said that they might possibly perform trio concerts as well.

Other collaborators located in China include Liaocheng University, which is involved with student study abroad programs and the Shenyang Normal School University, which was involved with an international conference that WCU co-organizedin 2004.

There are many opportunities for students interested in the WCU study abroad program. In the past four years, West Chester University has been involved in study abroad programs with several other universities that include Shanghai Normal University and Jiangxi Normal University.

Dr. Wei Wei Cai of the elementary education department recently received an e-mail from Liaocheng University which expressed interest to develop student and faculty exchange programs with WCU.

There are many exchange opportunities available for students interested in traveling to foreign countries. The center for International Programs, located in room 101 of the Old Library, is responsible for coordinating study abroad programs.

Students are encouraged to participate in a semester or yearlong study abroad program, as well as summer study abroad programs sponsored by WCU. The center also provides study abroad information seminars every semester.