Gaining the freshmen 15 pounds can be written off as a topic for history class anymore. Today in WCU Campus Dining Services locations, students may choose from on array of nutritious entrees and sides being offered daily at convenient locations all over campus. Best of all, they don’t have to eat alfalfa sprouts or tofu burgers to stay healthy. Good nutrition can be found in the many items on campus including low-fat and low-carb conscious meals, calcium-rich yogurts, juices, breakfast bars, cereals, tossed salads and so on. Here is some important information to remember while dining on campus. Nutrition is a top priority of the Dining Services team at West Chester University. Did you know that you can find the nutritional information on all of your Lawrence Dining Hall favorites at www.wcudining. com. Just check out theirdaily menu and click on the desired item to see calories, fat, cholesterol, carbohydrates instantly. In a continuing effort to meet everyone’s needs and preferences, West Chester University Dining Services has introduced Just4UTM, an innovative dining program that will allow customers to choose options that fit their lifestyle. Customers will see these selections in Lawrence Center Dining Hall and Traditions. Based on the online DiningStylesTM survey research, customers can now make more informed decisions based on their nutritional needs. The menu items will be identified as heart healthy, low-fat, carb counter, cal smart, and vegetarian. This program has been endorsed and approved by the American Dietetic Association (ADA) as Rebecca S. Reeves, registered dietitian and President-Elect of the American Dietetic Association states, the “ADA is pleased to lend its support and counsel to dining services’ nutrition education program,” said Reeves. “ADA agreed to help dining services’ with this program because we are a strong believer in providing nutrition information to consumers at the point of purchase where people make the decisions every day that will have a lasting effect on their health.”

Make sure to pick up one of the brochures to get more information on Just4U! Vegetarian Options in Lawrence Dining Hall include hot vegetarian entre option and sides, daily vegetarian soup, “Nature Bar” offering fresh fruit, yogurt, nuts, granola, a salad bar and more. Rams Head Food Court now offers Salad Sensations; healthy made-to-order tossed salads with a huge variety of fresh toppings, including tofu and other lean protein selections. “Ten under 10” sandwiches with fewer than 10 grams of fat per sandwich-made fresh daily at the deli or in Grab and Go cooler. Low-fat yogurt parfaits, vegetable cups, fruit cups, pita chips and hummus and a large variety of salads are available in the grab and go cases. Bene offers vegetarian pizza selection as well as breadsticks, cheesesticks asiago rolls and pre-made salads. Wrap Express offers a Roasted Vegetable Wrap daily For those students living on south campus, Subway offers many varieties of low-fat sandwiches, as well as vegetarian options. Try your sandwich on homemade Baker Bob carb friendly bread at the Lawrence Dining Hall today. Each slice is under 4 grams of carbs.

Looking for pure protein? Try the Lawrence dining hall for dinner tonight where you will find a fresh carved meat daily. From turkey to beef to pork, if you’re a meat lover you will love this dining hall feature. Brand new whole grain options include Baker Bob homemade multi-grain bread as a signature item at the Lawrence Center Dining Hall.

Get more information regarding meal plans, menus, catering, calendar of events and you can even contact us at www.wcudining. com or call (610) 436-2730.