To the Quad-The TechKnowOverload (TKO) Tour is visiting campus next Friday, September 23rd.

The tour showcases the latest technology specifically for college students.

I will paste the press release below, as well as attach a cleaner version.

Please get back to me regarding the events, it’d be great to reporter visit the event to inform the campus what all the tents and loud music was about.

Thanks,
Phil Buchanan
O.646.519.4170
C.805.729.1822

FOR RELEASE
Contact: Ben Sturner, Mr. Youth
tel: (212) 988-1989
e-mail: BenS@mryouth.com
http://www.mryouth.com

CEA and Mr. Youth Hit Campuses This Fall with TechKnowOverload Tour

Digital Technologies Continue to Awe College Students One Tour Stop at a Time

Arlington, Va., August 29, 2005 -College students will have a chance to get their hands on the latest consumer electronics products and technologies during the Fall 2005 TechKnowOverload Tour (TKO), which gets underway today for the fifth season. Sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association r (CEA) and managed by Mr. Youth, the tour will visit 24 college campuses east of the Mississippi during the fall semester. New to the tour this year, TKO also will travel to two college festivals, one in Boston and the other in Philadelphia. On Friday, September 23rd, the tour will visit the University Hall Basketball Courts (Rain Location: Sykes Student Union Ballroom) at West Chester University from 11am to 4pm.
.
“College students are tuned in to the consumer electronics industry,” said CEA President and CEO Gary Shapiro. “The TKO Tour is a continued success because it benefits industry and consumers alike. Participating consumer electronics companies are able to showcase their products directly before the digital generation’s college consumers and those students in turn are able to interact with the latest products designed to enhance their busy lives.”

Not only will TKO Tour visitors be able to test drive a host of technologies and products on display, they also will be able to enter the “Ultimate Dorm Room” contest featuring up to $10,000 of consumer electronics products from TKO Tour sponsors. Current sponsors include NVIDIA, RCA, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, HP Lightscribe, Nintendo, Logitech, Gibson Guitars, Geek Squad, Sony, and Audiovox.

The fall TKO Tour wraps up in early November, just in time for the holiday shopping season. On average 1,500 students attend each tour stop, reaching more than 60,000 students each season. For more information, go to www.tkotour.com.

About Mr. Youth:
Mr. Youth leverages critical relationships and unparalleled experience to provide marketing, partnership, and promotional solutions to top corporate advertisers looking to reach the 14-22 demographic. Mr. Youth is a premiere provider of strategic consulting, mobile tour management, promotional marketing, and youth media services. For more information, please go to: www.MrYouth.com or call (212) 724-0770.

-more-

About CEA:
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the consumer technology industry through technology policy, events, research, promotion and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA represents more than 2,000 corporate members involved in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and integration of audio, video, mobile electronics, wireless and landline communications, information technology, home networking, multimedia and accessory products, as well as related services that are sold through consumer channels. Combined, CEA’s members account for more than $121 billion in annual sales. CEA’s resources are available online at www.CE.org, the definitive source for information about the consumer electronics industry.
CEA also sponsors and manages the International CES – Defining Tomorrow’s Technology. All profits from CES are reinvested into industry services, including technical training and education, industry promotion, engineering standards development, market research and legislative advocacy.