It’s a new school year, a new semester and for a lot of students here at WCU, this means new surroundings and new adjustments.There is so much to do here in West Chester – it’s just a matter of finding out where all of these places are! Moving to a new town or state can be stressful and confusing, but hopefully this little guide will help familiarize the town and make it easier to get around.

Shopping: so many stores and so little time. For the ladies, there there is Kaly and Blink, which are both located on Gay Street. A couple of stores down the road, you can find yourself at Fairman’s Skate, Snow & Surf Shop which has clothes and accessories for guys and girls. For the guys, there is Largo, which seems to carry preppy and casual clothing.

For music, there’s The Mad Platter on Gay Street which carries both new and used CDs, DVDs, T-shirts and posters. West Chester Music and Turk’s Head Drum Shop is a music shop right on South High Street and sells guitars, basses, amps, drums and accessories, and also offers rentals and lessons. If you are feeling a little adventurous and want to travel a little bit further, there is the Concord Mall down Route 202 S. in Delaware whichhas stores like American Eagle, The Gap, J. Crew, Banana Republic and Structure/Express.

A little bit closer would be Exton Square Mall on Pottstown Pike N., which has hundredsof stores. Perhaps the biggest and best of all would be King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia, PA. It is right up 202 N. and it is definitely worth the trip.

Food! As for food and nightlife, there are always places to eat on campus like South Side Grille, Side-Cafe, Lawrence Center, and Sykes, but sometimes it is nice to go out and try new things. For breakfast there is Country Bagel located on Gay Street. Nick’s Caf, Penn’s Table, Aloha Caf & Bakery and New York Sandwiches, which serve breakfast and lunch, are all located on Gay Street as well. Sprazzo just opened on the corner of High & Gay and offers desserts, ice cream and espresso. If take-out is what students are looking for, there is always the classic Riggtown Pizza, Pizza University and Culinary Pizza, which all deliver.

Despite the rumors, according to The Daily Local News Burrito Loco and Papa John’s are not closing along with The Rat., so students should definitely make time to go before it is too late! On Tuesday nights it is 18 to enter, 21 to drink. Night-life and dining out in West Chester is a lot of fun and there are tons of places to go.

If looking for a place to get loud and have a good time while meeting new people try Iron Hill Brewery, Kildare’s or Ryan’s Pub on Gay Street, and 15 North and Baxter’s on Walnut and Market St. If you don’t feel like going “out on the town,” there is always Jake’s Bar on Matlack Street which serves 50 cent drafts and $4.75 pitchers. If looking for somewhere more intimate and low key then Spence Caf, Teca, Kooma or Vincent’s on Gay St., Turk’s Head Inn on High St., and Coyote Crossing is on Walnut and Market.

So there you have it. The very best of the best that West Chester has to offer in terms of shopping, food, night-life, and much more. Time to head out and enjoy our university and town.