Want to help the incoming first year students adjust to life at WCU over the summer? If so, apply to be an orientation leader at WCU. Introduce the incoming students to WCU, and allow them to love the University as other students do. Twenty students are needed as orientation leaders this summer. They should be energetic, positive, and excited about the WCU campus, and ready to share all of the information with incoming students. There will be two traning sessions in April and three in June. These training sessions will help the leaders get to know each other, and will allow the students to become more familiar with the University.

To qualify as an orientation leader, one must: 1) have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.3 or higher by the end of the spring semester, 2) have a good overall knowledge of WCU programs and services, 3) not enroll in Summer Session II courses, 4) comply with all aspects of the University Student Code of Conduct, 5) be present and participate in all orientation sessions and meetings.

Some duties and responsibilites of an orientation leader include leading small and large groups of new students in discussions, enforcing the University Student Code of Conduct, attending regular staff meetings, and serving as a resource person providing general assistance and answering questions.

To apply to be an orientation leader, a student needs a recommendation form from a faculty/staff member and from a supervisor/employer. This form asks them to evaluate the student’s maturity, listening skills, communication skills, assertiveness, leadership ability, and other qualities needed to be an orientation leader.

The following materials must be handed in: 1) a completed application, 2) a resume, 3) a one-page typed statement stating the importance of an orientation leader and personal strengths that contribute to your being an effective leader, and 4) a creative expression piece – using an 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of paper…be creative!

Interviews will take place from Mar. 15 through Mar. 26, 2004. Applications will first be cleared academically and judicially to receive an interview.

If chosen to be a new orientation leader, one will be paid $800.00 stipened for training and July orientation. June training days and the July orientation days. Housing might be provided at South Campus, if the space permits. During the orientation days in August, the 24 through the 28, orientation leaders are paid on an hourly rate.

If interested in becoming application in 236 Sykes. All materials are due to 236 Sykes by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 27, 2004.

Take advantage of this opportunity to introduce the campus to the incoming students. This job will not only look great on a resume, but you will help the

Christa Mainier, and Tiffany Crime Victim Center. Meals will be provided during the an orientation leader, pick up an incoming students as well.