Safe Love Week arrives on campus Feb. 10 through Feb. 16. The week is full of events sponsored by the Student Wellness Center, in collaboration with the Women’s Center and other campus organizations. The week will kick off with “Love, Lust & Liquor” by Emily Nagoski on Sunday, Feb. 10, at 6 p.m. in the Sykes Theater. This event is an open, walk-in admission, with no tickets required.

The program focuses the effect of alcohol on sexuality. These effects can range from easier orgasms to loss of erection to “unusual” decision making about where and when to get naked. Curious about what drinking does to a person’s sex life? Come find out.

Safe Love Week will continue with “Boygasm, Girlgasm” by Nagoski presented at the LGBTQA meeting on Monday, Feb. 11, from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. She will also be presenting “Girlgasm” at the Women’s Center meeting on the same day at 6 p.m.

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, the Wellness Center will be distributing Condom-Grams on Tuesday, Feb. 12 and Wednesday, Feb. 13. Between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.; come by Lawrence Dining Center to pick one up for a significant other, friend or roommate to show them you care. Condom-Grams are free.

On the big day itself, the Safe Love Project is running a Safe Love Fair. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Valentine’s Day, Thursday, Feb. 14, the Sykes Ballrooms will be in full swing. The typical fairground activities will be running with a sexy twist.

The fair will feature games like STI Pop-A-Shot, Sex Jeopardy, Anatomy Bingo, Pop the Condom Race, Beer Goggle Challenge and many others. There will also be opinion boards, Valentine’s Day card-making stations, free food, information tables, giveaways and prizes.

The University Theatre Department will be running “Boy Gets Girl” during Safe Love Week and the week after.

The play surrounds Theresa Bedell who is a successful reporter. She loves her work and the life she has made for herself but thinks a relationship with a man would complete the picture. After two dates with Tony, Theresa decides he’s attractive and funny, but the relationship won’t work. Tony thinks otherwise.

What at first seems like persistence on his part grows into obsession and stalking. Theresa’s annoyance turns to terror as he begins to threaten her and those around her. Ultimately, she must fight to save herself from being erased by Tony’s actions-actions which call into question the assumptions at the very heart of romantic pursuit.

“Boy Gets Girl” is by Rebecca Gilman and directed by Harvey Rovine. The production features Tabitha Allen as Theresa, Ian Potter as Tony, Eric Scotolati, Mike Thatcher, Olivia Weiss, Michael Durkin and Amanda Cowley. See it at the MainStage Theater in the E.O. Bull Center Feb. 15-24, shows at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Check the theatre’s website for details.

Wrapping up the Safe Love events is the Women’s Center presentation of the “Vagina Monologues.” “Vagina Monologues” will be shown Saturday, Feb. 23 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 24 at 2 p.m. in Emily K. Asplundh Concert Hall. Tickets are available at the SSI Service Window.

The week is part of the Safe Love Project’s overall goal, to respond to the needs of the campus and the community, promote student success and support the University’s commitment to diversity.

The Safe Love Project and its affiliated organizations and activities seek to promote safe, healthful interpersonal connections.

The project also work to facilitate the development of sexually healthy adults, including physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual and social dimensions of sexuality and relationships.

To find out more information about Safe Love Week, contact the Wellness Center, located in Wayne residence hall.

Allison Schmoll is a fourth-year student majoring in psychology. She can be reached at AS597777@wcupa.edu.