Tue. Apr 23rd, 2024

Many students may have heard a buzz around campus lately about a t-shirt company called Ram King. Some students have even purchased t-shirts from Ram King already, and others have recently become friends with Ram King on Facebook. This local company started in November of 2009 and began strictly as a custom apparel business by an entrepreneur who wishes to remain anonymous. The brains behind the operation, says of the company’s managers, “We realized the demand for creative and affordable t-shirts and expanded to marketing our own brand.”The Ram King is a local company, and the majority of the customers are West Chester University students. Because of this, they rely mostly on word-of-mouth advertisement.

The company creates t-shirts for holidays and different parties or events that students would want fun t-shirts for. The Ram King claims, “We try to make clothes that appeal to people with fun-loving attitudes, who also like to work hard and play hard.”

Although Ram King is fairly new, and still growing, they have had some positive feedback and success with their products thus far. The best selling t-shirt was the St. Patrick’s Day Edition, which students may have spotted on classmates around campus or in town on March 17, this year. This shirt, and most of the others sell for about $15 each, but Ram King also offers deals from time to time.

One new shirt that just came out, expected to be popular this season is the Spring ‘Phever’ Phillies t-shirt. Another shirt that has caused some buzz around the town and on campus is the Dubfest t-shirt. For those unfamiliar with Dubfest, it is an organized party that has been planned for May 1 of this year. It involves any student who wants to celebrate the end to the semester by barbequing or just enjoying the spring weather. The event is predicted to resemble that of Homecoming day and spread all over the off campus housing streets around the area.

Unfortunately, not everyone is as excited as the students are about Dubfest. Some community members have been discussing matters of the borough and how this day will be handled. No major decisions have been made yet, but the Ram King has already been experiencing some repercussions.

Due to the fact that the Ram King is making Dubfest t-shirts, people are linking the company with the actual event and putting the blame on it. Members of the community have gone as far as posting on blogs saying that the Dubfest shirts are “terroristic threats.” The Ram King fights back by reminding community members of West Chester, “Ram King is not responsible for Dubfest, people want shirts, so we print them.”

Ram King is located online at www.TheRamKing.com. The shirts can be ordered online, on Facebook, or, for locals to West Chester, through text message to the Ram King himself at 484-515-0268. The Ram King promises to deliver all orders to the customers as quickly as possible.

Lindsay Lynch is senior majoring in communications with a minor in journalism. She can be reached at LL628475@wcupa.edu.