Hello West Chester!

This past Friday night, I walked across town from my fraternity house to the Sykes After Dark program and back in the snow with a small group of friends. As always, I was amazed by how many of our students would pass by, unresponsive to a friendly hello. I can’t tell you how disappointing I find this after spending the best four years of my life at West Chester.

With this in mind, I am challenging you to be friendlier, not only to your fellow human beings, but especially to your fellow WCU students. Smile, say hello, and go out of your way to help others. On Saturday, I got stuck in the snow and another student came running over to give me a hand – that student truly holds the values of WCU in his heart. I hope you find the same in yours.

This Friday night, Sykes After Dark is sponsoring with the Black Student Union the Sadie Hawkins Dance for Valentine’s Weekend. From 9 p.m.-10 p.m., there will be a formal, free dinner in the ballrooms with dancing to follow until 1a.m. Also, between 9 p.m. and 1 a.m. are Xbox360 and Wii gaming, karaoke, build-a-bear, and a New Moon photo shoot. Come out for a great time this Friday night!

WCU’s 24th Annual Leadership Experience is this Friday night with the theme Mission I’m Possible: Detecting the Secrets of Leadership. The program begins at 4 p.m., lasting to 9 p.m. with several breakout sessions and dinner – all provided free by State Farm. Signup forms can picked up in Sykes 218 – the leadership office – and are due back by this Wednesday.

SAC is premiering ‘New Moon,’ the second installment of the Twilight Saga in Sykes this Thursday through Sunday. The movie is free of charge on Friday night at midnight if you attend the Sykes After Dark programming.

Congratulations to the Women’s Basketball team as they beat Shippensburg 63-61 last Wednesday night. Come see the women and men play Cheyney this Wednesday night at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. in the Gym. It promises to be a high-scoring game!

Congratulations to all of the women who competed in Miss WCU this past Saturday night! Each of you were amazing! Enjoy the snow!!

Anthony DiJiacomo,

Student Governement President