I would like to thank all of the wonderful writers and readers of the op-ed section over the 2011-2012 year for all of your hard work, dedication, and support. It has been a great privilege to be the Op-ed Editor for the past 20 issues. Throughout that time, the op-ed section has definitely grown. There used to seldom be even one article expressing an opinion about controversial topics here on campus and in the country at large, but now there are often several of these traditional op-eds in each issue. Thank you to everybody who helped contribute to this transformation, including those of you who replied to my own, very opinionated, op-eds. I wanted to get a conversation going about controversial issues and thanks to your help that happened.
I have selected Jack Barnett to be the next op-ed editor and I hope that all of our great writers and readers continue to support the op-ed section under his leadership. Jack has shown tremendous dedication to the position and I know that, under his leadership, the op-ed section will continue to grow and improve. I would like to offer Jack special thanks for his enthusiasm and willingness to take on this role. I know he will do well.
I would also like to especially thank my fellow editors, who put up with me every Sunday morning in The Quad “reum.” We have had a great time every Sunday morning and while we all did a lot of hard work, we had just as much fun. Our former Editor-in-chief definitely showed an unwavering dedication to The Quad, and thanks to her hard work, everything always came together smoothly every week.
To my fellow graduating seniors, congratulations! To all of the other WCU students, enjoy the rest of your time here at WCU. Look for more ways to get involved on campus and continue to make the most of your time here. Write more for The Quad if you have a chance. The Quad is a great newspaper that continues to get even better. But it’s only as great as the people that make it happen. So help make it happen!
Finally, I would like to thank all of my professors for truly making my time here at WCU enjoyable and full of fun learning. Every professor has been good and most have been absolutely excellent! You have truly had a huge positive influence in my life and I will always remember you. Thank you for all that you do. I am thrilled to know that future generations of students will be able to benefit from being in your classes. Please keep in touch!
Thanks again everyone!
Bill Hanrahan is a fourth-year student majoring in political science and philosophy. He can be reached at WH750431@wcupa.edu