To our returners – welcome back! To the new students – welcome and enjoy the experiences as they come. To the transfer students – I think you’ll find the switch will make you happy.

To all alike – remember you’ll get the experience out of college that you put into it.

Whether you choose to lead or follow, consider getting involved on campus. Join a club, there’s plenty to choose from, because WCU offers various leadership experiences. Programs such as S.A.I.L. (Students Actively Involved in Leadership) allow students to record their accomplishments, community service and more, which is a perfect for a resume. The Twardowski Career Development Center has staff to help students with resume writing, tutoring, and test-taking as well as various helpful workshops.

I suggest to both new and returning students to explore the campus and find out what WCU has to offer. Reach out to other students, find and utilize sources available. College begins with a clean slate and your decisions can lead you down a road that allows you to have a full resume. How will you choose to fill your resume?

If you missed the involvement fair, it doesn’t mean you have to miss out on any of the 230+ organizations WCU has to offer. Clubs will post their meeting times and objectives on fliers on message boards on campus.

If you’re interested in joining The Quad, come to our meetings, Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. Or stop by The Quad office, room 253 in Skyes, to see how our editors work. Feel free to e-mail me at quadeic@wcupa.edu.

Best of luck to you in the future,

~Rae Rae

(Editor-in-Chief)