Sat. May 11th, 2024

Welcome Back West Chester University!

I hope that you had a relaxing summer and that you are ready for another great year. The University and student orgs have been working hard to prepare for your return. Over the next several weeks, there are dozens of great programs schedule on campus, as well as trips, such as to Dorney Park and Ocean City, NJ. To find out the details, search Weeks of Welcome on the WCU website.

As classes begin, the first week can be stressful – so pick up a free ice cream cone (and lots of toppings) at the SGA Ice Cream Social this Tuesday night from 7 – 9pm in Sykes Ballroom C. Since it’s an open door event, feel free to just drop by and meet your student body exec board.

To the class of 2013 – Welcome to the best years of your life! The years will fly past much quicker than high school did. Get involved, join a club, play intramurals, go Greek, or do it all. Being involved is the best way to feel connected to campus life. No matter what your interests are, we have something great for you.

West Chester this summer was depressingly quiet with the University not in session. The restaurants were empty and traffic was light. Though there wasn’t much life in the town, the families and residents were happy to have a quiet summer. When you go out late in town, have a great time! But be safe and quiet as you are walking. Remember that many times, you are passing houses with young families. So be responsible and respectful when you’re out.

Good luck to our football team as they go to UD this Friday night! Playing at home this Saturday at 1pm on South Campus, are both our men’s and women’s soccer teams against Shippensburg. On Sunday, our women’s field hockey team is playing Monmouth at noon on South Campus. Be sure to go out and support our teams!

Enjoy your first week back on campus!

Anthony DiJiacomo, President

Student Government Association