Fri. Sep 20th, 2024

The Brandywine Ballet is coming to WCU on April 28 at 7 p.m. and April 29 at 2 p.m. They are bringing Concerto Barocco, a musical tribute to Frank Sinatra, and a special appearance from the season one winner of Fox’s hit TV series “So You Think You Can Dance.” Special guest artist Nick Lazzarini, winner of, “So You Think You Can Dance,” will perform in “Frank’s Place,” which is a sizzling dance piece choreographed by Scott Jovovic that celebrates the music of Frank Sinatra. Audiences will reminisce to the beguiling melodies of Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Vic Damone, Peggy Lee and others as they are guided on a journey through the countless moods and mysteries of love.

Brandywine Ballet Theatre is proud to announce that they have once again received permission from New York City Ballet to perform George Balanchine’s Concerto Barocco to the music of Johann Sebastian Bach.

Let West Chester University of Pennsylvania and the Brandywine Ballet point you in the right direction with an exciting new partnership program.

Study at the University and perform professionally with the repertory of the Brandywine Ballet

The West Chester University/Brandywine Ballet Certificate in Ballet is a unique new program that allows students the opportunity to pursue a university degree with a broad educational emphasis while receiving advanced ballet training in a professional setting.

The Certificate in Ballet Program is a rigorous professional program that combines ballet training with a full-scale production each semester. The Brandywine Ballet engages professional faculty and award-winning choreographers to work with the students, whose schedule includes a minimum of six company classes and 10 hours of rehearsal each week. All ballet training is conducted at the Brandywine Ballet Company’s state-of-the-art facilities in West Chester, Pennsylvania, located in close proximity to the West Chester University campus.

Performances will be held on the WCU campus in the newly renovated Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall which seats l,200 and serves as the premiere performing space on campus and in Chester County. For more information on the admission and audition process, contact Donna L. Muzio, Artistic Director at (6l0) 692-6402.