Fri. May 10th, 2024

Good Morning West Chester University!As my team and I moved into the Student Government Office last week, we couldn’t help but to reminisce about this past year. We remembered our great football victory at Homecoming over Shippensburg and the fantastic Sandscapes show the Marching Band performed. We each recalled where we were on campus as we watched President Obama being inaugurated and felt a surge of pride remembering the masses of West Chester students who waited in the rain to vote in the presidential elections. We thought about the meanings of the University Theater’s Assassins and Trojan Women productions and the creativeness of their sets, interpretations, and advertising. Fondly, we remembered meeting Dr. Weisenstein when he was introduced to the University and community in February as our 14th President and the hope that we had to work with him as his 1st Student Government Executive Board.

My team and I are looking forward to the fall semester with high expectations of the changes that we will help implement. We are passionate about advocating for the students and hope that you will always feel comfortable coming to us with any problem or dream, no matter how small or large it may be. We look forward to working with President Weisenstein and expect to see West Chester University rise much higher in Kiplinger’s Best Buys Among America’s Public Institutions – we are a great University! We are particularly looking forward to the opening of the Allegheny and Brandywine residence halls and the new students that will fill them. Soon we will be breaking ground on two new residence halls and the long awaited Recreational Center!

Congratulations and best of luck to our graduating seniors! The economy is rough right now, but our students are always in demand for their unparalleled work ethic. Show them what we are made of! And don’t forget to come back for Homecoming 2009 – Wild, Wild West Chester; we want to see you there!

Good luck on your final exams next week. I hope that all of you have a great summer. Enjoy it; hit the beach and make some great memories! But be safe because my team and I look forward to seeing each of you back in West Chester this fall.

Anthony

Anthony DiJiacomo, President
Student Government Association