TOLEDO, OHIO – The person that first said; “Always look on the bright side of things,” probably had fewer and fewer things to be bright about as his friends started avoiding such a bubbly personality. He was essentially correct. Though it seams to be difficult to do these days, one can always find the positive side of things if he wishes to. So, remember what Thumper said, “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.”Here are a few positive things I can say about my automobile. My car is a 1992 semi-retired Dodge with a radio that works. It has a backseat and a rear window and it still gets me where I want to go (so far).
1. Though Lincoln makes a Town Car I have a town car also because I can at least trust it to get me around town.
2. It is a good casino car because I put a little money into it each week. I gamble it wont crap out on me.
3. Every time I fill it with gasoline, I double its value.
4. My car makes my mechanic feel good; just the other day I heard him say, “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if it weren’t for your car my tools would rust.”
5. The birds prefer my car’s windshield two to one over the other cars on the street.
7. My car is equipped with an anti-speed ticket device. It is virtually impossible to get a speeding ticket, even in a school zone. Try as I might I have never gotten it to go faster than 20 mph.
8. Finally, my car must be very famous because every day I get letters from the people at the demolition derby wanting my car to be the guest of honor on Saturday night.
So, the next time you are feeling down, think about my car and know that there is a bright side to everything. Remember; “nothing is completely worthless; it can always serve as a bad example.”