Wed. Apr 24th, 2024

WCU-TV, West Chester University’s student run television station, is beginning to air new programs and shows for the new school year, aiming to put a greater focus on campus events and student affairs than in previous years. For students living on campus, WCU-TV can be viewed at any time on channel 5. If there isn’t currently a program being televised, a PowerPoint slide show loops and provides information pertaining to WCU organizations and campus events.

The television station is under new administration this year, with a new executive board and advisor, Eleanor Walton. WCU junior Scott Coe, the station’s new president, is spearheading the plans to make the station more pertinent to students. “There is a new mix of shows such as an improv show that will be coming to the station soon. We also try to focus on events that happen on campus more than we did last year. We are also in the talks about doing a TRL-type show. Right now the only program that we have is the weekly updates about functions happening on campus and some random commercials.”

There are a great number of opportunities for students to get involved with the station in any position. “We are always looking for people to get involved because it is a great experience. If anyone ever wanted to be on TV they could be through us,” Coe said. “Right now we could use a little bit of everything such as people to be in front of the camera, behind the camera to help with the actual production process, and then some people to help in the post-production part like editing and getting everything up on the TV. Writers are especially needed for fresh ideas and input. No prior experience with television, broadcasting, or cameras is necessary.”

WCU-TV is housed in the E.O. Bull Center, located on Rosedale Ave. Students interested in getting involved with the station can attend the weekly meeting on Sunday nights at 8:00 p.m. Shooting for the programs is done on Fridays between 10:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Additional information can be found online at www.wcutv.com.

With a greater focus on student affairs, WCU-TV will become a valuable resource for students needing information or desiring to get involved with the many organizations available at the university. Tune in to WCU-TV for information and entertainment on campus.