Mon. Jan 17th, 2022

Last Thursday through Saturday, two sororities were seen on campus during all hours of the day to raise money for their causes. Alpha Xi Delta and Alpha Phi were located on Church Street and University Avenue in front of Ehinger Gym on North Campus. Alpha Xi Delta raised money for WCU Adapted Physical Education Program. Their “Kamp out for Kids” fundraiser had the sorority sisters sleeping in a tent from last Wednesday at 1 p.m. until Thursday afternoon around Noon. The sisters made smores and handed the treats out to students that donated money to their cause. By the end of the 24 hours, Alpha Xi Delta raised about $250 for WCU Adapted Physical Education Program.”We try to do something different each year,” sophomore Melanie Holwood said. “A lot of students don’t know about the program. Education is such a big part of campus.” As Alpha Xi Delta’s fundraiser was coming to an end on Thursday, Alpha Phi set up their teeter totter continuously for the next 48 hours to raise money for Cardiac Care.

“We like to reach out and touch the hearts of others. It’s a good feeling knowing we are helping so many people, ” said the Treasurer of Alpha Phi Holli Davis. Alyssa Calabrse, a junior, said, “Cardiac Care is our biggest philantrophy. It is the number one killer of women. I feel that being out here is making a big difference and I feel like I have accomplished something.” After the 48 hours ofteeter-tottering Alpha Phi raised over $500 for Cardiac Care. To find out more about greek life and the rush process for sororities and fraternities, visit the Web site iws.wcupa.edu/greek/.