Mon. Aug 8th, 2022

The Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculty are renegotiating their contract, which expires June 30, 2007, in hopes to negotiate issues dealing with salary, benefits, domestic partner benefits and summer school.APSCUF is the union for faculty members and coaches at West Chester University and the 13 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.

“We are hopeful that negotiations will go well,” Dr. Cliff Johnston said, a WCU Professor.

“The WCU faculty and colleges and PASSHE would like students to be aware of what is going on with the renegotiation of contracts” said Johnston.

To raise awareness about APSCUF, teachers are involving themselves in activities to get information out to students.

APSCUF was involved in the freshman student move-in day, providing water, snacks and maps, as well as information regarding APSCUF to all freshmen.

APSCUF of WCU held a drawing last week, awarding five WCU students $100 in Ram Bucks to spread awareness about the faculty renegotiations.

APSCUF is also considering scholarships for the spring semester to WCU students, presented by APSCUF.

Faculty members and college coaches would like students to help in the renegotiation process. First, students can continue to be informed about the negotiations. WCU students can also ask state government officials to keep all negotiations fair and timely.

Finally, students can ask local state representatives to continue to support public higher education through increased funding.

WCU students should not be concerned about the renegotiations. APSCUF and PASSHE are working hard to reach an agreement before the contract expires.

APSCUF and PASSHE’s next meeting for WCU faculty, teachers and coaches will be held on Nov. 14, 2006 to continue with the renegotiations.

To learn more about APSCUF, visit their Web site at www.apscufwcu.com.