The daily 6:00 a.m. wake-up calls are about to pay off for many West Chester students as leasing for the new living facilities has begun. Under the direction of Richard Przywara, from the West Chester University Foundation, the construction is on schedule and living facilities will be finished in time. University Student Housing, LLC (USH) manages the growing buildings soon to be known as Allegheny Hall and Brandywine Hall, in addition to the already standing Affiliated Housing that many student call home- University Hall and The Village at West Chester University and they are open for leasing business.

Upon completion, Allegheny Hall and Brandywine Hall will stand seven stories tall and offer semi-private as well as private suite-style living facilities for West Chester students. Each floor will be of mixed genders and accommodate all academic levels. Unlike University Hall and The Village apartments, there will be space for incoming freshman, but at a limited number.

University Hall also stands seven stories high and offers semi-private and private suite style living facilities. Two-bedroom single suites, two-bedroom double suites with living areas and three-bedroom single suites are available. Unlike the new Allegheny Hall and Brandywine Hall, students currently living in University Hall have first rights to reserve their spots for the upcoming fall semester. University Hall will not be offered to incoming freshman so its occupants will remain sophomore, junior and senior status students.

The Village apartments are located on south campus and are available to sophomore, junior and senior status students, similar to University Hall. Students currently residing in The Village will also have first rights to renew and retain their four bedroom, two bathroom apartments as will those residing in University Hall. The Village offers individual bedrooms, full kitchens, all major appliances and a full size washer and dryer in each apartment.

All the Affiliated Housing include a variety of amenities including Ethernet access in each bedroom provided by West Chester University, cable television provided in each bedroom and on-site resident directors in the buildings.

Allegheny Hall and Brandywine Hall are being built to resemble University Hall, but they will have some slight differences. The rooms offered will include a one-bedroom double suite, a two-bedroom single suite with living area, a two-bedroom double suite with living area and a three-bedroom double suite. Prices vary depending on the room choice beginning at $3,719 per semester and reaching $4,102 per semester. If current students do not renew their current rooms before the renewal deadlines, spaces will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis, so if one is interested apply as soon as possible.

If one is interested in living in one of USH communities, applications are now available at www.wcuhousing.com. When applying, be sure to select the community that you want to live in. If there are roommates planning to live together, be sure apply within the same timeframe since spaces are filled on a first come, first serve basis.

The leasing office for Allegheny Hall, Brandywine Hall and University Hall is located on the ground floor of University Hall and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 in the morning until 4:00 in the evening. The leasing office for The Village is located on south campus in the clubhouse and is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.

Maggie Cosgrove is a third-year student majoring in English with a minor in reading. She can be reached at Mc626229@wcupa.edu