Wed. Apr 24th, 2024

West Chester Snax, a food delivery company for West Chester University students and surrounding residents, is now available. 

“We’re a business tailored to students, offering them products they wouldn’t normally be able to get delivered,” co-owner, Ben Seleznow said . WC Snax, strictly a delivery service, is a convenient way for students to get fast food, party supplies, microwave dinners, drinks, salty snacks, and candy without having to leave their buildings. Students can order by phone. Online ordering is not yet available. 

“We’ve built the business with students in mind,” co-owner, Andy Sharkey, said.

Co-owners and West Chester residents, Seleznow and Sharkey, officially opened WC Snax on Jan. 27. They prepared two months in advance for the opening of their business. They run WC Snax in addition to their full-time jobs.

“There was a program like this where I went to school and it was a good idea,” Seleznow said.

Although there are a few businesses like this one, WC Snax offers more than its competitors. 

“A lot of food services close, but our business is open until 3 am, so students can just give us a call,” Sharkey said. WC Snax is open Thursdays from 9 pm to 1 am and Fridays and Saturdays from 9 pm to 3 am.  

“If people call before or after our hours and ask nicely, we’ll be happy to deliver,” Seleznow said. Delivery costs $5 for fast food and $2 for candy. Deliveries arrive thirty to forty-five minutes after purchasing. Fast food deliveries may take up to an hour.

“Our food prices are generally cheaper than Wawa and, if ordering in a group, delivery prices are only about an extra dollar per person,” Seleznow said.

WC Snax provides many food items not normally found on a delivery menu.

“No other place offers delivery of swedish fish,” Seleznow said.

In the future, WC Snax may also be able to offer West Chester students more than just late night deliveries.

“We’re a startup business now, but we’re definitely interested in hiring students,” Selezn

WC Snax will hopefully be able to start hiring later this semester. 

“Once we have more people responding to our services, we’ll be looking to hire students,” Sharkey explains. Students will work in the delivery and office departments.

In addition to hiring more help, WC Snax may also expand to other places.

“Once we grow our business to a certain extent, we will look to branch out to other universities,” Seleznow said.

Seleznow and Sharkey are always looking for new ideas and products to help their business. Email them suggestions at wcsnax@gmail.com. To view their business, visit wcsnax.com. WC Snax is also an active member on facebook and twitter. 

Elana Beckett is a second-year student majoring in English with a minor in creative writing. She can be reached at EB733766@wcupa.edu