Sat. Apr 20th, 2024

Move over, Rammy. A new West Chesterian animal has taken the world by storm– the WCU squirrels.

More widely known as the “Dub C Squirrels,” WCU’s tiny, furry friends have captured the hearts and tickled the funny bones of millions of people around the globe. With their bushy tails, beady little eyes, and their “nutty” escapades, what is not to love about these marvelous mammals?

The furry frenzy started when the squirrels began a Twitter page, DubCSquirrel. Managed by the Squirrels’ undisclosed public relations liason who is a specialized squirrel whisperer, the page gained massive amounts of attention and soon went viral, becoming the topic of discussion on numerous television and news shows.

The Squirrels’ Twitter wittily documents the trials and tribulations of squirrel life.

“Tried to find some acorns, instead got a lecture about Jesus Christ from a crazy in front of Main Hall. #whydidIleavemytree,” a Squirrel said in their first tweet.

“That awkward moment when you and your ex-squirrelfriend are digging through the same trashcan and you have to make small talk,” another Squirrel tweeted.

Since the start of the Twitter page, the Dub C Squirrels joined a traveling animal entertainment business and have gained the adoration of millions. A worldwide tour with Alvin and the Chipmunks is in talks.

Students have been passionately supportive of the squirrels’ endeavors. The SSI Bookstore has been raking in thousands of dollars in profit from Dub C Squirrels merchandise like T-shirts, water bottles, and lanyards for the first-year students.

Along with several faculty members who have tried to ride the coattails of the Squirrels’ fame by writing numerous “squirrelerly articles” about the animals, many students have become enamoured and starstruck by these celebrity creatures.

“I once saw a Dub C squirrel drag an entire slice of pizza across the parking lot at Sykes. It was awesome,” student Angela Thomas said, who was recently seen hiding in a bush trying to catch a glimpse of one of the squirrels.

While the squirrels have fans in most WCU students, some individuals are still not too keen on these internet sensations.

“I’m glad that the squirrels haven’t been on Move over, Rammy. A new West Chesterian animal has taken the world by storm– the WCU squirrels.

“I’m glad that the squirrels haven’t been on campus that much since beginning their world tour. I feel much more at ease walking around campus. I can’t even count how many times I almost had a heart attack when one of them jumped out of a garbage can as I was walking by. Not funny, squirrels,” an undisclosed second-year student who wished to remain anonymous, said.

Carol Ann, Carol Ann, she’s too cool for seventh grade. She can be found sniffing the basement of Ruby Jones. campus that much since beginning their world tour. I feel much more at ease walking around campus. I can’t even count how many times I almost had a heart attack when one of them jumped out of a garbage can as I was walking by. Not funny, squirrels,” an undisclosed second-year student who wished to remain anonymous, said.

Carol Ann, Carol Ann, she’s too cool for seventh grade. She can be found sniffing the basement of Ruby Jones.