Sister to Sister, a Peer Mentoring program here at WCU is celebrating Eating Disorders Awareness Week Feb. 16th to the 20th. The Peer Mentors are women who belong to eight different Panhellenic Sororities, led by Dr. Zotter. During EDAW we work together to raise awareness and educate others on the affects of eating disorders. We also promote, healthy body image, self esteem and empowerment. Sister to Sister has collaborated with the WCU Health and Wellness Center, WCU Student Dietetic Association, the Exercise Science Club and Active Minds to organize daily events during this week. During Eating Disorders Awareness Week we highlight the fact that body size and shape are strongly influenced by biological factors – such as genetics, while also calling attention to some of the new discoveries surrounding the role of genetics in the development of eating disorders. Please Come out to our daily events listed below and support our cause.

Monday, 2/16: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Visit the tables in Sykes for information about eating disorders & body image. Free pins and ribbons! Sponsored by the WCU Student Dietetic Association & the Sister to Sister Peer Mentors

7:00 p.m.: Active Minds presents the HBO movie “THIN” (discussion before and after the movie); location Schmidt Hall

Tuesday, 2/17:11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Body Appreciation Day! Come out and Love Your Body! Stop by Sykes Ballrooms from for a FREE massage. Sponsored by WCU Student Health and Wellness Center.

Eat to increase awareness! Pita Pit on Gay St. 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Join in this fundraiser to support the Sister to Sister Peer Mentors as they work to raise awareness on campus. Just mention our name and a percentage of your meal will be donated to our cause. The student organization with the most members to visit will receive a free pita tray at their next weekly meeting!

Wednesday, 2/18:12:00 – 2:30 p.m. Free yoga class! Space limited! Come early! Sykes Ballroom A; sponsored by the Sister to Sister Peer Mentors; class lead by Professor Donely, Yoga Professor here at West Chester University

Eat Healthy! Salad Works on Gay St. 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Join this fundraiser to support the Sister to Sister Peer Mentors as they work to raise awareness on campus. Just mention our name and a percentage of your meal will be donated to our cause.

Thursday, 2/19: 5:30 p.m. Awareness Presentation in Sykes Theater; sponsored by the Sister to Sister Peer Mentors and the Exercise Science Club

Friday, 2/20: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m Treat Yourself! Visit Scoops Ice Cream Parlor. Treat yourself to dessert. Just mention you are there to support Sister to Sister, all proceeds benefit EDAW!