Mon. May 16th, 2022

Americans aged 18 to 24 are the lowest voting demographic in the United States. The growing apathy of young Americans to politics is evident in the high numbers of college age students not registered to vote. West Chester University’s Student Government Association plans to help remedy that on the West Chester University campus by holding a voter registration drive in honor of Constitution Day on Sept. 16.SGA Legislative Affairs Committee is heading up the non-partisan voter registration drive for both new voters, voters moved into the district, and voters requesting absentee ballots for their home districts. Registration tables will be up from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. outside Main Hall and in Sykes Student Union on Sept. 16 and 17.

Last semester’s voter drive registered 750 new voters and this semester the goal is to register 800 new voters by the Sept. 17 at 5 p.m.

SGA was established in 1988 to provide students with a voice in running the day to day affairs of the student body. The voting senate is comprised of members elected by the student body at large. Every West Chester student is automatically a member of SGA and is invited to attend open meetings every Tuesday night at 7 p.m. in Sykes Ballroom C.

– The Quad