DJ Amaze, Big Mark, DJ Dev, DJGROOVE, DJ Slice, DJ Meat, Dj Shorty T, DJ Say What?!, DJ E. Malik, DJ R. Mateo, and DJ K-swift; these are the DJ’s that came to Poesis Scratch Off. Some of these DJ’s are icons or worldwide entertainers known across the world. Some were even past competitors in the (DMC) Disco Mixing Championship, the biggest DJ competition in the world, but there is one thing for sure: Respect the DJ.

Brought to students by the student organization Poesis, DJ Amaze has the true persona and image of what one calls a DJ.

“I have traveled all over,” Amaze said. “From Mexico to the Bahamas, Canada and England to name a few of the places I have been.”

To add to Amaze’s credentials, he went to the University of Delaware to earn his degree in biology and has now DJed for Kanye West and was part of P. Diddy’s Vote or Die campaign.

Last year Dj Shorti T and Amaze came up with a curriculum on how to be a DJ.

“The class ranges from young kids around the age of 13 to grown men older than me,” Amaze said. “We teach the class with the digital setup but with connections to the actual turntables.”

What started out in classrooms at cultural art centers, is now being taught in community centers and high schools in Delaware. The curriculum could have been seen in colleges and universities. The University of Delaware, as well as Delaware Tech, is looking at their curriculum as a possible elective that students can take.

“This was a process,” Amaze said. “We realized that before we could do this as a class, we had to learn how to do a curriculum and then master the curriculum of DJing. Because you have to master what you do before you teach others.”

To learn more about this curriculum or DJing you can contact DJ Amaze at mramaze@gmail.com or go to www.djamaze.com.

Daniel Colon is a fourth-year student majoring in English. He can be reached at DC741117@wcupa.edu.